- Hindu families allege threat after Aligarh clash, say they want to shift out
- 100 Marathwada youth have joined ISIS, says Sena MLA
- Shiv Sena wants to regulate Pokemon Go
- Government collects more than Rs 2,400 crore from DTH operators in three years
- Let's talk development instead of caste and family: Modi
- Fox News chief resigns over sexual harassment claims
- Verizon nears deal to buy Yahoo's core business for 5 billion US dollars
- Aquila: Facebook's solar-powered drone takes flight
- Scientists reverse menopause; women can now stay fertile forever
- Punjab town tense after Sikhs and Dalits thrash Shiv Sena activists to rescue Kashmiri Muslims
- Two Dalits hit, urinated upon for 'stealing bike' in Bihar
- Kejriwal meeting Dalit accused of cop's murder stirs row
- Dayashankar Singh's wife files case against Mayawati
- Court acquits another BAstar journalist
- Bodo ultras threaten to target NIA officers and their kin
- Acid bottles are new weapons of protest in Kashmir valley
- J&K finance minister's wife asks Mehbooba Mufti to resign
- It is states' job to bring in uniform civil code, says Union Law Minister
- RJD ticket has not tainted black money crusade, says Ram Jethmalani
- ED probing former Haryana CM for money laundering in Herald case
- My husband is being framed, says wife of arrested Zakir Naik 'aide'
- AAP MP Bhagwant Mann in trouble as Speaker rejects apology
- Bajrang Dal men strip, thrash MP pastor over 'conversions'
- Six cow protectors held in Gujarat for thrashing Dalits
- Shooting rampage inside Munich mall leaves several dead
- IAF aircraft goes missing over Bay of Bengal, 29 feared killed
- Adarsh razing not now, government will take over: Supreme Court
Hungama TV strengthens weekend slot with Vir: The Robot Boy
MUMBAI: Close on the heels of refreshing its on-air look, Hungama TV is all set to strengthen its weekend slot with the launch of ‘Vir: The Robot Boy’, a weekly animated comedy/adventure series set in the desi heartland of India.
Produced by Maya Digital, the series will go on air from 9 November at 11.30 am.
Vir is a heartwarming story of a robot with human like qualities and a unique blend of emotions and superhuman abilities. The series follows his humorous escapades as he manages to save the day with his quick thinking and a wide array of robotic abilities, along with his closest friends – Chulbul the pet Donkey, 8-year- old Imli and Gintu, his magical Djinn.
“We recently launched a fresh new look for Hungama TV, which embodies the spirit of friendly mischief and spontaneous laughter which is our core proposition for the channel. VIR: The Robot Boy truly celebrates the spirit of childhood and personifies what the channel represents. We are confident that kids will develop a great affinity to the local narrative, humour and situations that Vir and his friends find themselves in,” said Disney UTV Kids Network Director, Programming Devika Prabhu.
Maya Digital Studios CMD Ketan Mehta added, “We already have Indian animated shows on air which has become immensely popular. With Vir, we are expanding more. The channels, till now, were basically thriving on recycling of American or Japanese shows. But slowly, they are opening up to the idea of home-grown shows. To penetrate the Indian market, it is important to come up with Indian content that is relatable to the audience.”