- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
Huawei India is Royal Challengers Bangalore’s principal sponsor
MUMBAI: Indian Premier League (IPL) franchise Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) has for the first time gone outside the UB Group for lead sponsorship. It has unveiled the new team jerseys for the seventh edition of the IPL and also announced Information and Communications Technology (ICT) solutions provider Huawei India as their principal sponsor.
The jersey features the Huawei logo in the front.
Huawei India CEO Cai Liqun said, “We are delighted to be associated with the prestigious game of cricket that cuts across the demographic barriers and connects masses. Through this association, we aim to create a strong local resonance for the brand.”
RCB captain Virat Kohli said, “Given Huawei’s partnerships with major sporting properties around the world, it is great to have them come on board as principal sponsors.”
Huawei has also globally partnered with famous football clubs Arsenal, Paris Saint Germain and Canberra Raiders.