- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
Huawei India is Royal Challengers Bangalore’s principal sponsor
MUMBAI: Indian Premier League (IPL) franchise Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) has for the first time gone outside the UB Group for lead sponsorship. It has unveiled the new team jerseys for the seventh edition of the IPL and also announced Information and Communications Technology (ICT) solutions provider Huawei India as their principal sponsor.
The jersey features the Huawei logo in the front.
Huawei India CEO Cai Liqun said, “We are delighted to be associated with the prestigious game of cricket that cuts across the demographic barriers and connects masses. Through this association, we aim to create a strong local resonance for the brand.”
RCB captain Virat Kohli said, “Given Huawei’s partnerships with major sporting properties around the world, it is great to have them come on board as principal sponsors.”
Huawei has also globally partnered with famous football clubs Arsenal, Paris Saint Germain and Canberra Raiders.