- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
How English channels fared in Week 21
MUMBAI: The English entertainment space did not see any change in the pecking order in BARC’s first set of individual ratings data release for the week ended 29 May.
As per BARC data for Week 21, the English movie channel genre was led by Movies Now, with Star Movies at the second spot and Sony Pix a close third.
Interestingly, among the top five programmes chart, Movies Now dominated with the first four positions, leaving only the fifth spot for Star Movies. Third-placed Sony Pix did not have any movie in the top five list.
‘Final Destination 5’ was the top rated movie. The second, third and fourth spot were occupied by ‘Ice Age’, ‘Dark Knight Rises’ and ‘White House Down’.
The fifth position was occupied by ‘Fast Five’.
Among the English entertainment channels, Viacom18’s Comedy Central ruled the genre, followed by AXN and Zee Café.
Discovery continued its leadership in the infotainment category (6 Mega Cities AB 1 Lac+ C&S), followed by Animal Planet and History TV18 at the second and third position respectively.