- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
How English channels fared in Week 21
MUMBAI: The English entertainment space did not see any change in the pecking order in BARC’s first set of individual ratings data release for the week ended 29 May.
As per BARC data for Week 21, the English movie channel genre was led by Movies Now, with Star Movies at the second spot and Sony Pix a close third.
Interestingly, among the top five programmes chart, Movies Now dominated with the first four positions, leaving only the fifth spot for Star Movies. Third-placed Sony Pix did not have any movie in the top five list.
‘Final Destination 5’ was the top rated movie. The second, third and fourth spot were occupied by ‘Ice Age’, ‘Dark Knight Rises’ and ‘White House Down’.
The fifth position was occupied by ‘Fast Five’.
Among the English entertainment channels, Viacom18’s Comedy Central ruled the genre, followed by AXN and Zee Café.
Discovery continued its leadership in the infotainment category (6 Mega Cities AB 1 Lac+ C&S), followed by Animal Planet and History TV18 at the second and third position respectively.