- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Hollywood’s A-listers run wild on Discovery’s show with Bear Grylls
MUMBAI: Private jets, after parties, sparkling swag bags and a coterie of personal assistants, publicists, agents and managers. Why would anyone trade this for two days of roughing it in the wilderness? In Discovery’s show ‘Running Wild With Bear Grylls’, the adventurer and survivalist will take six celebrities into wild and remote locations for a journey.
The show kicks off on 13 February 2015 on Discovery Channel and will air Friday to Sunday at 9 pm.
The celebrities who will be teamed up with Bear in their own standalone episodes are Zac Efron, Ben Stiller, Channing Tatum, Tom Arnold, NFL Hall of Famer Deion Sanders, and anchor Tamron Hall.
Together, they will endure the harsh wilderness and run a high-stakes gauntlet of mental and physical obstacles, with a reward of spiritual renewal waiting at each remote extraction point. From skydiving into the Catskill Mountains, to rappelling down the cliffs of Utah, to battling torrential wind and rain in Scotland, Bear and each of them will have to push both their minds and bodies to the limit.
Discovery executive VP, GM, South Asia and Southeast Asia Rahul Johri said, “Bear Grylls has an ever-growing popularity in India. An ultimate survival expert, Bear travels the planet to give a complete picture of survival. In this new series, he travels with celebrities and inspires viewers how to survive in some of the world’s most desolate terrains.”
Viewers can join Grylls and the celebrities as they step out of their comfort zones and embark on their individual high-octane, action-filled empowering journeys on each hour-long episode.