- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
History TV18 to launch new show on India’s most unusual jobs
MUMBAI: Factual entertainment channel History TV18 is launching a new show titled ‘Man vs Job’, a programme that will showcase some of India’s most unconventional and interesting occupations.
Hosted by TV professional and anchor Rithvik Dhanjani, ‘Man vs Job’ will premiere on 30 June at 10 pm.
Driven by the passion of everyday people, the show will feature daily jobs that seem easy but are very challenging and demanding in reality. Rithvik will take up a new challenge in every episode, understand what it takes and beat against all odds to master the job.
‘Man vs Job’ aims to give viewers a chance to experience India’s varied culture and learn about the not-so-famous occupations and the impact they have on our society. To get under their skins literally, Rithvik will also be living with the locals to understand their lives better.
The show will present how some people undertake challenging and life-threatening jobs with utmost ease and skill. Witness some overwhelming occupations like crocodile farming, honey collecting, kushti wrestling, Bollywood stuntmanship, forest ranging and more. The 10, one-hour episodes will take viewers on an unexpected journey to the most enchanted places in India.
A+E Networks TV18 vice president and head of marketing Sangeetha Aiyer said, “It’s exciting news for all our viewers that we are now creating local content and launching shows that are India specific and shot here. While India-related content exists, the key differentiator for the channel is that we plan to create a lasting India franchises through our shows, which is a first of sorts for our category. We are very excited about the concept of ‘Man vs Job’ and are proud that we can treat our audience with something very different yet intriguing.”