- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
History TV18 to launch 2nd season of ‘OMG! Yeh Mera India’ on 6 Oct
MUMBAI: History TV18 is all set to air the second season of the factual reality series ‘OMG! Yeh Mera India’ from 6 October at 8 pm.
The weekly half-hour episode will be hosted by comedian TV actor Krushna Abhishek, exploring fascinating stories across the country.
Speaking about the new season, A+E Networks | TV18, VP & head of marketing Sangeetha Aiyer said, “The show being a perfect blend of facts and entertainment received an overwhelming response in its first season. History TV18 has been at the forefront of entertainment, featuring some of the best clutter-breaking content and will continue to do so with the launch of ‘OMG! Yeh Mera India Season 2’.”
The second season will follow the original format of the show of curating the best oddities of India and showcasing OMG facts about people and places from the distant corners of India. The 10-part series will showcase stories such as 70-year-old women who fancy sharp shooting, a quirky and energetic ‘scooter’ stuntman, a man who has built a replica of the Taj Mahal for his beloved late wife, and a wheelchair-bound model and bodybuilder.
Excited about hosting the show, Krushna Abhishek said, “Being a comedian, it was a great challenge for me to host a non-fiction show. Hosting ‘OMG! Yeh Mera India’ has been a great experience as it has allowed me to break the stereotype of being a comedian. I came across a great bunch of talented people in India. With the new season, we aim to kick it up a notch, exhibiting unique abilities of the common man, which is sure to keep the audience glued to their screens.”
The first season of ‘OMG! Yeh Mera India’ was launched in March 2016.