- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
History TV18 to air ‘The Selection: Special Operations Experiment’ from 27 Apr
MUMBAI: Infotainment broadcaster History TV18’s upcoming reality series, ‘The Selection: Special Operations Experiment’, will see 30 men and women between the ages of 21 to 45 years with no military background go through an intense physical and mental challenges to see if they have what it takes to be the best of the best.
Starting from 27 April and airing every Thursday and Friday at 10 pm, six instructors, who are veterans of the Navy Seals, Green Berets and Army Rangers, will challenge participants with tear gas, interrogation simulation and psychological warfare, among other tests, to examine each challenge and their bigger purpose.
The civilians are able to quit from the programme at any stage — one estimate suggests that as much as 80 per cent of people who go through the rigorous selections to be a part of the Special Operations Force quit mid-way. There also is no cash prize for making it all the way through — the series is simply a test against oneself to see if the mind has the will and strength to push the body to complete the challenges.
This eight-part series will offer civilians the unique opportunity to take part in an immersive, authentic course instructed by different branches leading together, while giving viewers insight into the origins of these challenges.