- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
History TV18 replaces Discovery as No. 1 infotainment channel in Wk 46
MUMBAI: History TV18 became the top channel in the infotainment genre, edging out Discovery Channel in the week ended 18 November.
The next three rankings remained the same, according to BARC data for Week 46.
Top English movie channels
Movies Now replaced Sony Pix as the top English movie channel. Sony Pix fell to the third position, which was last week occupied by Movies Now. The rest of the spots in the top five remained unchanged.
Top movies of the week
Sony Pix, however, had the credit of airing the top movie of the week. ‘Battleship’ was the week’s most-watched film, followed by ‘Rumble in the Bronx’ on Movies Now.
Top English entertainment channels
The top four positions in the English entertainment genre remained unchanged. Zee Café HD ousted FX to take the fifth spot.
Comedy Central retained its position as the top channel in the genre.
Top kids channels
Pogo TV jumped from No. 4 to the second position in the week ended 18 November.
Disney Channel moved in the reverse, sliding from No. 2 to the fifth spot. Hungama moved from No. 5 to the third place while Cartoon Network dropped a rank to settle as the fourth most-watched kids channel of the week.