- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
History TV18 ousts Discovery to grab No. 1 position
MUMBAI: History TV18 has dislodged Discovery to occupy the leader position among the infotainment channels, according to BARC data for the week ended 1 April.
Losing viewership from the earlier week, Discovery moved down a spot to No. 2. The other players in the infotainment genre maintained their positions.
English movie channels
Movies Now and Star Movies continued to lead the English movie genre at first and second positions respectively.
Pix stayed fifth while HBO and Zee Studio swapped positions and were at numbers three and four respectively.
Star Movies had four of its films in the top five, with ‘Live free or die hard’ taking the top position. Movies Now showcased ‘Mr Bean’s Holiday’, which occupied the fourth rank in Week 13 of 2016.
Zee Cafe, which last week ranked third among the English entertainment channels, pushed Comedy Central a slot down to occupy the second position for itself.
AXN also moved down a spot to number three. Exchanging places, Colors Infinity SD and Star World were placed at numbers four and five respectively.
Once again, the kids genre remain unchanged with Nick leading the pack.