- Rajasthan govt's criminal laws ordinance challenged in HC
- Flipkart in talks with Swiggy, UrbanClap and UrbanLadder for buyouts
- UGC decision may reduce SC/ST, OBC faculty posts
- Supreme Court asks government to consider regulating playing of National Anthem
- Asthana's appointment destroying CBI's independence: Prashant Bhushan
- Bilkis Bano case: SC asks Gujarat to apprise it on departmental action against convicted policemen
Hindi GECs and movie channels witness gains in Week 24
MUMBAI: The pecking order of the Hindi general entertainment and Hindi movie channels remained unchanged in Week 24, although all of them witnessed viewership gains.
As per BARC’s individual ratings data for the week ended 19 June, Star Plus and Colors witnessed the maximum gain in viewership.
The other three channels among the top 5, namely Zee TV, Life OK and SAB, also witnessed a slight gain in viewership, continuing the trend seen in the 23rd week.
Among the week’s top 5 programmes, Star Plus and Colors again continued to dominate the charts. Star Plus had three shows in the list, while Colors took two spots.
In the previous week, a special episode of the show ‘Saath Nibhana Saathiya’ on Star Plus made it to the top 5 programmes. This time around, Star Plus had Star Parivaar Awards 2015 on the chart.
‘Saathiya Saath Nibhana’ continued to be the top-rated show, while Colors’ ‘Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat’ and ‘Sasural Simar Ka’ occupied the second and third spots respectively.
Star Plus bagged the fourth and fifth spots respectively with ‘Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai’ and ‘Star Parivaar Awards 2015’.
In the Hindi movie channel genre too, the pecking order for Week 24 remained unchanged. All three movie channels, namely Zee Cinema, Sony Max and Star Gold, witnessed an increase in viewership.
Top 5 Movies
Among the week’s top 5 movies, ‘Khamoshiyan’ on No. 2 channel Sony Max led the chart.
Zee Cinema bagged the second spot on the back of ‘Hum Saath Saath Hain’, while Star Gold was placed third with Salman Khan’s ‘Kick’.
The fourth and fifth spots were taken by ‘Hum Aapke Hai Kaun’ and ‘Ramaiya Vastavaiya’, both on Zee Cinema.