- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Hindi GEC hierarchy unchanged; Star Gold tops in Hindi movie genre
MUMBAI: The pecking order of the Hindi general entertainment channels (GECs) remained unchanged in Week 32. Meanwhile, Star Gold took the leadership position in the Hindi movie genre.
As per BARC data for the week ended 14 August, three among the top five Hindi GECs witnessed a drop in viewership.
Genre leader Star Plus, third place Zee TV and fifth place SAB TV were the channels that witnessed marginal fall in their viewership.
Colors and Life OK were the gainers in the week.
Star Plus’ popular fiction property ‘Saath Nibhana Saathiya’ was back as the top-rated show, displacing Zee TV’s ‘Kumkum Bhagya’.
Colors managed to hold on to the third and fourth spot with ‘Sasural Simar Ka’ and ‘Swaragini’ respectively.
Meanwhile, the fifth position was taken again by Star Plus’ ‘Yeh Hai Mohabbatein’.
Hindi movie channels
The lead was taken by Star Gold this time.
After two consecutive weeks, the pecking order of the Hindi movie channels changed in Week 32. With the effect of ‘PK’ wearing off, Max’s ratings fell marginally and it slipped to the number two spot.
Zee Cinema continued to remain at the third position on the chart.
The gap between all the three channels, however, reduced during the week.
Sony Max held on to four spots, despite seeing a dip in ratings during the week.
The top spot was occupied by Max’s ‘The Return of Rebel’, followed by ‘Khatarnak Khiladi’.
Zee Cinema’s popular classic ‘Hum Aapke Hain Koun’ took the third spot.
Fourth and fifth spots were again taken by Max, which aired ‘Main Hoon Lucky – The Racer’ and ‘Mar Mitenge 2’. The channel had aired ‘Mar Mitenge 2’ in the previous week as well and was ranked second on the chart.