- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Hero joins MSM’s broadcast of soccer WC as co-presenting sponsor
MUMBAI: Multi Screen Media (MSM) has roped in Hero as a co-presenting sponsor for the soccer World Cup 2014.
The event kicks off on Six on 12 June.
As reported earlier by TelevisionPost.com, Xolo was the first client to come on board as an associate sponsor. MSM is targeting Rs 1.5 billion from the event.
Arshad Nizam, director of Xolo’s media buying agency Alliance Advertising, said, “2014 Fifa World Cup is the most anticipated event this year and associating with an event of such magnitude gives Xolo a great opportunity to reach out to the key target audience who will be glued to Sony Six to catch the best footballing action. Considering that the majority of the matches are slotted for 9.30 pm, which is the primetime of television viewing, advertisers have a great platform to connect and engage with their audience.”
MSM is doing a lot of on-ground activation for the event. Not limiting the reach through in-home viewing, the company has made out-of-home set-ups including pubs, bars, restaurants, clubs, hotels and official Fifa Fan Fests, etc., in metros as well as other emerging markets across India.
Oxygen Entertainment and Media Solutions director Sajjad Meherally said, “2014 Fifa World Cup has created a huge stir across India with everyone cheering for their favourite team—planning parties and getting geared for the biggest sporting extravaganza. Clients are planning Brazilian-themed viewing parties with international performances for their guests. We are getting a lot of inquiries from smaller towns like Ahmedabad, Nagpur, Indore, Nashik and Ludhiana too.”