- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Hemang Amin named IPL COO
MUMBAI: The BCCI has appointed Hemang Amin as the chief operating officer of the Indian Premier League (IPL).
Amin was most recently assistant general manager (Finance, Commercial and Events) at the BCCI. Being with the BCCI for the last seven years, he was rewarded for successfully handling the management and operations of the IPL.
“Amin will continue to report to BCCI CEO Rahul Johri,” the BCCI said in a statement.
Acting BCCI president CK Khanna said, “Mr. Amin has been instrumental during a pivotal transition period for the IPL. His leadership over the past 7 years has shaped IPL’s strategy, laying a strong foundation for future course, improvements and success.”
Acting honorary secretary Amitabh Choudhary said, “Mr. Amin’s experience, strong leadership and inclusive management style will further elevate the Indian Premier League and grow engagement among fans around the world.”
IPL Chairman Rajeev Shukla also congratulated Amin. “Mr. Hemang Amin is a wonderful executive with an incredible breadth of experience and relationships across a variety of markets and our stakeholders. Having worked with him firsthand, I know he will be a fine leader for the IPL and will bring unmatched innovation, passion, and vision to the role.”.