- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
HBO to put ‘Game of Thrones’ on a global exhibition tour
MUMBAI: HBO will have a global touring exhibition for ‘Game Of Thrones’ to help fans get up close and personal with the show through images and artifacts.
The exhibition will kick off in Europe first. This all-new exhibition will drop fans in the centre of the Seven Kingdoms for an up-close and personal look at authentic props, costumes and set decorations from the show. In collaboration with HBO Global Licensing, global events provider GES is designing and building the new 10,000-square-foot interactive experience, and will exclusively tour the exhibition to worldwide destinations starting later this year.
The tour will kick off in Europe, with the first location to be announced soon.
Featuring a unique mix of immersive environments, interactives, and multimedia content, visitors will experience the mythical lands of Westeros and Essos and relive the trials and tribulations of the series’ nobles and common folk alike who struggle for survival in the shadow of the Iron Throne.
HBO has partnered with GES fopr the initiative.
In anticipation of the launch of the exhibition later this year, GES’ creative team will work closely with HBO to create diverse environments from Westeros and Essos and to design an exhibition as exciting as the show itself. .
Visitors to the exhibition will see displays of costumes, props, weapons and armour and will explore several dynamic themed exhibition areas featuring series settings such as:
- The wintry landscapes of the North, the tree-lined pathway of the King’s Road, and the regal settings of King’s Landing.
- The conquered city of Meereen with its garrisons of Unsullied warriors and the loyalists of House Targaryen.
- Iconic settings like the mysterious House of Black and White, the home of the Night’s Watch: Castle Black; and the frozen lands Beyond the Wall.
- The show stopping centerpiece of the iconic Iron Throne Room, where visitors can gaze upon the Westerosi seat of power in all its foreboding glory.
“‘Game of Thrones’ has truly become a worldwide phenomenon, with fans avidly watching the show throughout all corners of the globe. Based on the stellar work GES has done with previous entertainment partners, we think this exhibition is going to be something fans will love, regardless of which part of the world they call home, and we’re excited to give them the opportunity to visit and celebrate the incredible craftsmanship of the talented Game of Thrones’ production team,” said HBO director, global licensing Jeff Peters.
“GES is thrilled to partner with HBO to bring the craftsmanship and artistry of ‘Game Of Thrones’ to fans. We are committed to giving fans worldwide the opportunity to experience some of their favorite elements from the show firsthand while experiencing the world of Game of Thrones unlike ever before,” said GES Events chief creative officer, executive VP Eddie Newquist.