- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
HBO, Keshet Intl partner on drama series on disappearance of 3 Israeli teens
MUMBAI: US cable network HBO and Keshet International (KI) will co-produce a drama about the tragic events involving the disappearance of three teens that unfolded in Israel two years ago.
HBO has given a ten-episode order for the untitled series, which will be filmed on location in Israel next summer.
Created by Hagai Levi (HBO’s “In Treatment”; Golden Globe for “The Affair”) and Noah Stollman, the show will be primarily directed by Israeli filmmaker Joseph Cedar (the Oscar®-nominated “Beaufort,” “Footnote,” “Norman”).
Based on actual events, the series dramatises the tragic torrent of violence that followed the disappearance of, and intensive search for, three Israeli teens during the summer of 2014.
The show follows an idealistic investigator for the Shin Bet (the Israeli equivalent of the FBI) as he deals with the ramifications of violent reactions on both sides of the escalating conflict. A new command position thrusts him into a confrontation that undermines his faith and worldview, leading to a dramatic conflict between his values and the actions of those closest to him.
A co-production of KI’s Keshet Studios and HBO, the show will be produced by Movie Plus and distributed internationally by KI. It will be executive produced by Hagai Levi, Avi Nir (Keshet Media Group), Alon Shtruzman (Keshet International), Karni Ziv (Keshet Broadcating), Peter Traugott and Rachel Kaplan (Keshet Studios), Noah Stollman, Michael Lombardo and Joseph Cedar.
HBO Programming president Casey Bloys said, “We’re excited to work with Keshet and this extremely talented and creative group led by Hagai Levi. We look forward to sharing this important story with our subscribers.”
Keshet Media Group CEO Avi Nir said, “We are thrilled to partner with HBO, the ultimate quality TV powerhouse, and to bring together Israel’s finest in TV and film, led by Hagai Levi, Noah Stollman and Joseph Cedar. We are all ready for the challenging journey on which this extraordinary story will take us.”
Levi, winner of a Golden Globe for co-creating ‘The Affair’, is a writer, director and producer who also created and co-directed the Israeli TV series ‘Be’Tipul’ (2005-2008), adapted for HBO as ‘In Treatment’. He was an executive producer of ‘In Treatment’, .