- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
HBO Defined to air 2nd season of ‘True Detective’ on same day as US telecast
MUMBAI: HBO Defined, HBO India’s premium ad free channel, will air the second season of ‘True Detective’ on the same day as its US telecast on 22 June at 6:30 am. Repeat telecast will be at 10 pm.
The new season has eight episodes and also a new cast. A bizarre murder brings together three law-enforcement officers and a career criminal, each of whom must navigate a web of conspiracy and betrayal in the scorched landscapes of California.
Written and created by Nic Pizzolatto, this season stars Colin Farrell, Vince Vaughn, Rachel McAdams and Taylor Kitsch. The first two episodes are directed by Justin Lin.
HBO India MD Monica Tata said, “The much anticipated new season of True Detective is HBO’s summer treat to the fans. With the simulcast, the Indian audience gets to watch the show with the U.S. Television truly has gone global. HBO is taking an unprecedented step today in finding a way to avoid spoilers by airing the shows simultaneously in different countries with different time zones.”