- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
‘Haider’ wins big at 21st Life OK Screen Awards 2015
MUMBAI: ‘Haider’ starring Shahid Kapoor was the big winner at the 21st annual Life OK Screen Awards held yesterday. The movie picked up four awards at the event.
Shahid Kapoor won the Best Actor (male) award for ‘Haider’, while Priyanka Chopra won Best Actor (female) for ‘Mary Kom’.
The other three awards picked up by ‘Haider’ were Best Jodi given to Shahid Kapoor and Tabu, Best Actor (Female) Supporting Role for Tabu and Best Production Design.
Tabu shared the Best Supporting Role award with Seema Pahwa in Rajat Kapoor’s ‘Ankhon Dekhi’.
Kangana Ranaut’s ‘Queen’ bagged three awards at the ceremony including Best Director for Vikas Bahl, Best Film and Best Cinematography for Bobby Singh.
In the popular choice category, Deepika Padukone won the Best Actor (Female) award while Shah Rukh Khan bagged the Best Actor (Male) award. Both won for their work in ‘Happy New Year’.
Tiger Shroff won the Best Promising Newcomer (Male) award for ‘Heropanti’ while Patralekhaa bagged the Best Promising Newcomer (Female) award for ‘Citylights’.
The Entertainer of the Year award went to Sajid Nadiadwala, and the Ramnath Goenka Award went to ‘Manjunath’.
Veteran actor and ‘dream girl’ Hema Malini was honoured with the Lifetime Achievement Award.
The event saw performances by Jacqueline Fernandez, Shah Rukh Khan, Malaika Arora Khan, Varun Dhawan, Tiger Shroff, Shraddha Kapoor and Gurmeet Chowdhury.