- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Govt planning to launch an online channel for environment, says Prakash Javadekar
MUMBAI: The BJP government at the Centre is planning to launch an online environment channel to sensitise people to environmental and forest issues, Minister of Environment Prakash Javadekar said at an event on waste management.
Javadekar also stated that the government wants to have a dedicated television channel on environment, but it would require huge investments.
“We are thinking of launching internet green channel and also provide a one-hour programme on environment on ‘DD Kisan’ channel,” Javadekar said.
Noting that media has a big role to play in creating awareness about environment issues, Javadekar said that different media houses can pick up different issues.
“One media house can take the cause of waste management; the other media house can take forest issue. There are many issues that each media house can focus on,” he added.