- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Govt planning to launch an online channel for environment, says Prakash Javadekar
MUMBAI: The BJP government at the Centre is planning to launch an online environment channel to sensitise people to environmental and forest issues, Minister of Environment Prakash Javadekar said at an event on waste management.
Javadekar also stated that the government wants to have a dedicated television channel on environment, but it would require huge investments.
“We are thinking of launching internet green channel and also provide a one-hour programme on environment on ‘DD Kisan’ channel,” Javadekar said.
Noting that media has a big role to play in creating awareness about environment issues, Javadekar said that different media houses can pick up different issues.
“One media house can take the cause of waste management; the other media house can take forest issue. There are many issues that each media house can focus on,” he added.