- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Govt has approved revival of 3,067 essential posts in DD and AIR: Arun Jaitley
MUMBAI: The government has approved the revival of 3,067 essential category posts in Doordarshan (DD) and All India Radio (AIR), Information & Broadcasting (I&B) Minister Arun Jaitley said, in response to a supplementary during the Question Hour.
“To address the issue of vacancies in DD, including DDK, Panaji, and AIR, the government has approved revival of 3,067 essential category posts,” Jaitley said.
The government has also given a one-time special dispensation to the Staff Selection Commission for recruitment of Group B and C posts.
Jaitley said that action has been initiated by Prasar Bharati to fill up the posts as per prescribed norms. The selection process for 2,367 posts has been completed and police verification for these candidates initiated.
To a question on whether the government was proposing to upgrade DDK, Panjim, he said full digitalisation of studios and upgrading of satellite uplink facility at various places including Panaji were part of the continuing schemes of the 12th Five Year Plan.