- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Govt has approved revival of 3,067 essential posts in DD and AIR: Arun Jaitley
MUMBAI: The government has approved the revival of 3,067 essential category posts in Doordarshan (DD) and All India Radio (AIR), Information & Broadcasting (I&B) Minister Arun Jaitley said, in response to a supplementary during the Question Hour.
“To address the issue of vacancies in DD, including DDK, Panaji, and AIR, the government has approved revival of 3,067 essential category posts,” Jaitley said.
The government has also given a one-time special dispensation to the Staff Selection Commission for recruitment of Group B and C posts.
Jaitley said that action has been initiated by Prasar Bharati to fill up the posts as per prescribed norms. The selection process for 2,367 posts has been completed and police verification for these candidates initiated.
To a question on whether the government was proposing to upgrade DDK, Panjim, he said full digitalisation of studios and upgrading of satellite uplink facility at various places including Panaji were part of the continuing schemes of the 12th Five Year Plan.