- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
Partnering with BBC Worldwide India yet again, Colors is launching a celebrity based show Har Ghar Kuch Kehta Hai in association with Asian Paints.
Subrata Roy-promoted Sahara India Pariwar launches Hindi GEC Sahara One on 28 March 2000; Aircel Televentures acquires 14.98% stake in Sahara One Media & Entertainment Ltd for Rs 1.20 billion.
STAR India’s first experiment with the ‘OK’ brand starts with Life OK; TV channel launches on 18 December 2011 and Devon Ke Dev Mahadev becomes a huge success.
Sony enters Indian broadcasting space with seven local shareholders; channel grows with big movies and shows and is now important player in India.
Turner floats 50:50 JV with Alva Brothers to enter Hindi GEC space in India; Real channel launches on 2 March 2009 but fails to make a mark and closes after dismal performance.
Sony acquires Sab in 2005 for $13 mn and as part of deal to source content from Sri Adhikari Brothers for Rs 750 mn for 5 years; flagship show is Tarak Mehta ka Ooltah Chashma.
MUMBAI: After adopting big ticket international format shows in the reality genre, Colors is set to do the same in the fiction genre with the espionage series 24. The Viacom18’s flagship Hindi general entertainment channel unveiled the first look of …
TRAI invokes Cable Television Networks Regulation Act 1995 to cap ad duration on TV channels to 12 minutes in a clock hour.