- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
Gap between Republic TV, Times Now narrows in Week 24
MUMBAI: After five weeks of unchallenged hegemony in the English news genre, Arnab Goswami’s Republic TV finally started facing some serious competition. Although Republic TV continued to occupy the numero uno position, its nearest competitor Times Now, the erstwhile No. 1 channel owned by Times Group, narrowed the gap in Week 24.
Republic TV’s weekly impressions dropped 8.63 per cent to 963,000 impressions while those of Times Now jumped 25 per cent to 935,000 impressions, as per BARC India data for the period ended 16 June.
The difference between the two channels was a mere 28,000 impressions.
In a major setback for NDTV 24×7, the channel exited the top 5 after being pushed to the bottom in the previous week.
India Today Television moved ahead of CNN-News18 to grab the third spot. The fourth position was taken by BBC World News. CNN-News18 was languishing at No. 5.
Top English business news channels
The English business news genre has been witnessing an intense contest between CNBC TV18 and ET Now. CNBC TV18 reclaimed the top position from ET Now, which fell to the second position.
At No. 3, BTVi showed some viewership growth in the absence of NDTV Profit, which shut down with effect from 5 June to make way for NDTV Prime.
Top Hindi news channels in U+R HSM
The Hindi news genre saw only one change in the pecking order in urban + rural Hindi-speaking market (HSM), with News Nation dislodging News18 India out of top 5 by taking the fourth position.
Top Hindi news channels in Rural HSM
In rural HSM, Zee News moved a rank up to No. 2, pushing ABP News to the third spot. India News replaced News18 India at No. 5.
Top Hindi news channels in Urban HSM
The urban HSM pecking order remained unchanged.
Top Hindi business news channels
The two Hindi business news channels saw a fall in weekly impressions.