- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Gap between Republic TV and Times Now narrows in Wk 29
MUMBAI: English news channel Republic TV, which maintained its lead in Week 29 with 1.38 million weekly impressions, saw a miniscule drop of 0.21% compared to its earlier-week tally.
However, rival Times Now saw its viewership grow by 11.73% to 1.25 million weekly impressions. This helped the channel move closer to Republic TV on the chart.
The other channels in the top 5 also saw some growth in their viewership, according to BARC data for the week ended 21 July.
Top Hindi news channels in U+R HSM
The hierarchy of Hindi news channels in urban + rural Hindi-speaking market (HSM) remained unchanged, with Aaj Tak ruling the chart.
Top Hindi news channels in Urban HSM
In urban HSM, Zee News stayed at the top, followed by Aaj Tak. The order otherwise remained unchanged.
Top Hindi news channels in Rural HSM
There was no change in the top order of the Hindi news channels in rural HSM.
Top English business news channels
The English business news genre saw no change in Week 29.
Top Hindi business news channels
The Hindi business news channels also saw no change in the pecking order.