- India TV’s Rajat Sharma takes charge as NBA prez for third time
- iCubesWire floats $3 mn fund for digital startups
- CRPF, Northern Rails launch cleanliness drive at station
- Reliance Jio 4G speeds rise by 50 per cent as free data offers end: OpenSignal
- Hyderabad man accused of burning wife to death for not getting an MBBS seat
- FIR against Honeypreet, police steps up search operations
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Manmohan Singh Says Demonetisation and GST Double Whammy For Economy
FX orders drama show ‘Taboo’
MUMBAI: US cable network FX will tempt viewers with ‘Taboo’, a drama series from director Ridley Scott, writer Steven Knight and actor, producer Tom Hardy who will also star.
Production will commence in mid- to late 2015 in the UK, with the series tentatively slated to debut in mid-2016. The series is being produced for BBC One in the UK, with Sonar Entertainment distributing internationally.
Set in 1813, ‘Taboo’ is based on an original story by Hardy and his father, Chips Hardy. In ‘Taboo’, Hardy plays the lead role of “James Keziah Delaney,” a rogue adventurer who returns from Africa with 14 ill-gotten diamonds to seek vengeance after the death of his father. Refusing to sell the family business to the East India Company, he sets out to build his own trade and shipping empire and finds himself playing a very dangerous game.