- Jallikattu stir turns violent; over 90 cops injured, 40 held
- Karnataka CM Siddarmaiah bats for revocation of ban on Kambala, mulls ordinance
- 162 Crores Of Unexplained Assets For Congress Leaders, One Is A Minister
- Arvind Kejriwal accuses the Election Commission of promoting bribery
- As Priyanka Gandhi is hailed for alliance with SP, husband Robert Vadra calls Rahul Gandhi 'youth icon'
- Don't announce any scheme for poll-bound states in Union Budget, EC tells government
- Jallikattu: Chennai cops 'vandalise' property, caught on tape
- Ola appoints Vishal Kaul as Chief Operating Officer
- Sweden: Gang rape streamed live on Facebook, three suspects arrested
- Triple Talaq: Law panel studies practices of Muslim nations
FremantleMedia invests in scripted independent production house Dancing Ledge
MUMBAI: Drama producer Laurence Bowen is launching new scripted indie Dancing Ledge with investment from television format creator and distributor FremantleMedia.
Bowen, previously Feelgood Fiction co-founder and creative director is setting up new offices in Notting Hill with projects from some of the UK’s most talented writers and a development deal with Martin Freeman. FremantleMedia has taken a 25% stake in the company as it continues to invest in independent creative talent.
Bowen’s long list of credits includes ‘The Eichmann Show’, ‘Gates’, ‘The Hello Girls’, ‘Stone Scissors Paper’ and ‘My Life As A Popat’. Bowen also executive produced US pilots of ‘Gates’ and ‘Suburban Shootout’ for Warner Brothers/NBC and HBO respectively.
The new slate at Dancing Ledge includes a dozen projects for UK and US broadcasters including dramas by Mark Gatiss, Guy Hibbert, Chris Lunt, Dan Sefton, and John Donnelly, as well as a new limited event series development commission for the History Channel written by Simon Block. Bowen is also developing several scripted ideas with Martin Freeman.
Bowen will be adding to the Dancing Ledge team in the coming months.
FremantleMedia CEO Cecile Frot-Coutaz said, “Laurence is a hugely talented producer and he has a unique vision which is reflected in a brilliant development slate. Dancing Ledge is a fantastic addition to our creative network and I look forward to working with Laurence in the future.”
Bowen said, “I’m absolutely thrilled to be working with Cecile and her team at FremantleMedia. I wanted to build on the success of The Eichmann Show internationally and work closely with a top international distributor who could provide investment and help grow the new company. Dancing Ledge is only ever going to be as good as the writers it works with and we are lucky enough to be already working with some of the very best in the UK.”
FremantleMedia has announced a number of investments and acquisitions in the last 12 months in order to grow its global creative network. These include Israeli outfit Abot Hameiri; Naked Entertainment, Man Alive Entertainment, Full Fat TV, Corona Pictures, Dr Pluto and Wild Blue Media in the UK; Dutch producer No Pictures Please; French indies Fontaram and Kwai; scripted producer Wildside in Italy; and the digital media company Squawka.