- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Fox Traveller kicks off ‘The Walking Dead’ on 29 March 11 pm
MUMBAI: To spice up weekend late-night fare, lifestyle channel Fox Traveller will air the fiction show ‘The Walking Dead’ from 29 March, every Saturday and Sunday, at 11 pm.
‘The Walking Dead’ tells the story of a small group of survivors living in the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse. Based on a comic book series of the same name, the show follows a police officer, Rick Grimes, who wakes up from a coma to find the world ravaged by zombies. Looking for his family, he and a group of survivors attempt to fight against hordes of terrifying zombies in order to stay alive.
To market the show, the channel decided to exploit the popular format of prank videos. In Mumbai, they invited unsuspecting youngsters to try out a free photo booth. What the youngsters didn’t know was that hiding behind the booth were people dressed as zombies. As the zombies attacked, all hell broke loose, and a video capturing their reaction was created. This hilarious prank video is available online.
To take things up a notch, another initiative was created whereby zombies were let loose on the streets of Mumbai, capturing the horror, curiosity and hilarious reactions from people on the streets.
Fox international channels VP of marketing Debarpita Banerjee said, “Fox Traveller believes in making any journey a lot fun, literally and laterally. That is why we introduce a generous dose of experimentation and fun on FT through ‘The Walking Dead’. We are confident that this international hit series will be hugely appreciated here as well. It will break the conventional mould and be a touch of excitement and surprise on this journey called Fox Traveller.”