- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Fox brings back ‘X-Files’ after 13 years
MUMBAI: Thirteen years after the original series run, US broadcaster Fox has ordered the next chapter of ‘The X-Files’.
The six-episode event series will be helmed by creator/executive producer Chris Carter with stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson re-inhabiting their roles as iconic FBI agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully.
This marks the momentous return of the Emmy and Golden Globe Award-winning pop culture phenomenon, which remains one of the longest-running sci-fi series in network television history.
“I think of it as a 13-year commercial break. The good news is the world has only gotten that much stranger, a perfect time to tell these six stories” said Chris Carter, creator and executive producer of ‘The X-Files’.
Production on the X-Files event series is set to begin in summer 2015. Further details remain under wraps and will be announced at a later date.
“We had the privilege of working with Chris on all nine seasons of X-Files – one of the most rewarding creative experiences of our careers – and we couldn’t be more excited to explore that incredible world with him again. The X-Files was not only a seminal show for both the studio and the network, it was a worldwide phenomenon that shaped pop culture – yet remained a true gem for the legions of fans who embraced it from the beginning. Few shows on television have drawn such dedicated fans as ‘The X-Files’, and we’re ecstatic to give them the next thrilling chapter of Mulder and Scully they’ve been waiting for,” remarked Fox Television Group chairmen, CEOs Dana Walden and Gary Newman.
‘The X-Files’ originally premiered in September 1993. The show follows FBI special agents Scully (Anderson) and Mulder (Duchovny) as they investigate unexplained cases for which the only answers involve paranormal phenomena.