- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
FoodFood launches culinary game show ‘Dal Dhamaal’
MUMBAI: FoodFood is launching a first of its kind game show on food for budding chefs. Titled ‘Dal Dhammal’, the culinary relay race will present a quickfire challenge putting cooking skills to test.
Launching today, the show will air every Friday at 7:30 pm and test skills of peeling, chopping and whipping. The fun show will be a series of ‘cook offs’ between some of the city’s enthusiastic budding chefs.
It will also present a cook off where two teams are pitted against each other in a battle of wits, culinary skills and luck. Using just one of the popular ingredients in India ‘Dal’, which is part of a staple meal, the young chefs must make a healthy meal.
Each team will comprise two members who will be given the primary challenge of preparing a signature dish using ‘Dal’, within a limited period of time. The chefs will be required to be in style and get creative by giving their own twist to the dish. These challengers will also be hit with a series of mini challenges that would further test their food quotient and their ability to win.
The show will be hosted by celebrity anchor Prabal Panjabi, and the chef’s dishes will be tested by the channel’s celebrity chefs. The winning team in every episode will win a prize sponsored by Tata-I-Shakti.