- OnePlus 5 to come with Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, first smartphone in India
- Apple TV updates Twitter with live 360 degree videos feature
- Infosys Ltd announces its new strategy to hire and train 10,000 American workers over the next two years.
- Uber will roll-out new feature in India, enabling users to unlock custom Snapchat filters
- Hollywood star Brad Pitt visits India to promote his Netflix release 'War Machine’
- Wolrd Organisation UN denies Pakistan’s claim that Indian troops targeted UN vehicle near LoCs
- Special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court grants bail to five accused in coal case against Naveen Jindal
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi stresses on reducing dependence on other countries for getting medical equipment, to make treatment affordable for people
- Devendra Fadnavis chopper crash lands in Latur, Maharashtra CM and team escapes unhurt
Filmfare Awards to have a special broadcast on Twitter ahead of TV broadcast
MUMBAI: Twitter has partnered Filmfare Awards through Twitter Amplify, which will see Filmfare broadcast exclusive curated content live from the Twitter Blueroom at 6:30 pm on 18 February, an hour before the television airing of the Jio Filmfare Awards.
The special broadcast will be available worldwide to Twitter’s logged-in and logged-out audience and connected devices. It will include a special show live on Twitter from the #BlueRoom with film director Karan Johar (@KaranJohar) and Jitesh Pillaai (@jiteshpillaai), editor Filmfare; hosted by digital creator and comedian Abish Mathew (@abishmathew).
The special broadcast streamed from @Filmfare will see Karan and Jitesh reveal inside scoop on Bollywood’s biggest stars and share interesting backstage trivia from this year’s awards. As the trio speak about movies and engage in a fun Rapid Fire Round, which will pit Karan and Jitesh against each other, fans will get a special sneak peek into Bollywood’s biggest night exclusively on Twitter.
Jio’s pre-roll video will be added to the multiple creative executions including behind the scenes, sneak peeks from the Red Carpet, nominations and celebrity reactions from the event itself shared by @Filmfare. The Amplify deal for the 62nd Jio Filmfare Awards 2017 will begin with the Red Carpet episode and run through the final broadcast of the awards on television this weekend.
Twitter Amplify enables media companies and brands to capture the excitement on TV and distribute it to fans and audiences across Twitter, far beyond their existing followers. Audiences can immediately relive that moment or experience it for the first time on their mobile phones while they engage in Twitter conversations.
Twitter India head of entertainment Viral Jani said, “People come to Twitter to be a part of the social TV conversation around celebrities which is constant on Twitter. Twitter is where the virtual world of entertainment unfolds, and we are excited to have Jio and Filmfare on board to further enhance Twitter’s second-screen experience. Our collaboration with Filmfare will give fans a sneak peek into exclusive content that they can engage with on Twitter while viewing the content on television.”
“Filmfare is always looking for innovative ways to bring the best of Bollywood to fans all over the world. We are thrilled to team up with Twitter and provide users around the world never-before-seen glimpses from the event and behind-the-scenes peek into one of the most prestigious awards in the film industry. The idea is to enhance the digital footprint of the Filmfare brand with this first-of-a-kind partnership for any awards property in India,” said Filmfare owner Worldwide Media CEO Deepak Lamba.