- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Fifa extends deal with Telemundo in the US till 2026 WC
MUMBAI: Soccer’s governing body Fifa has extended its deal with Telemundo and NBC Universo, making them the exclusive US Spanish-language broadcasters of Fifa World Cup tournaments through 2026.
Fifa bypassed the bidding process surprising other broadcasters like ESPN.
NBCUniversal chairman of Hispanic Enterprises and content Joe Uva said, “We’re very pleased that Fifa allowed us to extend our deal as the exclusive U.S. Spanish-language broadcaster of Fifa World Cup tournaments through 2026. This unprecedented agreement gives our Telemundo and NBC Universo viewers and digital consumers more of the world’s best soccer for the next twelve years.”
In addition to the 2026 Fifa World Cup, the extended agreements cover the following tournaments: Fifa Women’s World Cup 2023, Fifa U-20 World Cup 2023 and 2025, Fifa U-17 World Cup 2023 and 2025, Fifa Beach Soccer World Cup 2023 and 2025, Fifa Futsal World Cup 2024, Fifa U-20 Women’s World Cup 2024 and 2026, Fifa U-17 Women’s World Cup 2024 and 2026 and the Fifa Confederations Cup 2025.