- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Fifa extends deal with Telemundo in the US till 2026 WC
MUMBAI: Soccer’s governing body Fifa has extended its deal with Telemundo and NBC Universo, making them the exclusive US Spanish-language broadcasters of Fifa World Cup tournaments through 2026.
Fifa bypassed the bidding process surprising other broadcasters like ESPN.
NBCUniversal chairman of Hispanic Enterprises and content Joe Uva said, “We’re very pleased that Fifa allowed us to extend our deal as the exclusive U.S. Spanish-language broadcaster of Fifa World Cup tournaments through 2026. This unprecedented agreement gives our Telemundo and NBC Universo viewers and digital consumers more of the world’s best soccer for the next twelve years.”
In addition to the 2026 Fifa World Cup, the extended agreements cover the following tournaments: Fifa Women’s World Cup 2023, Fifa U-20 World Cup 2023 and 2025, Fifa U-17 World Cup 2023 and 2025, Fifa Beach Soccer World Cup 2023 and 2025, Fifa Futsal World Cup 2024, Fifa U-20 Women’s World Cup 2024 and 2026, Fifa U-17 Women’s World Cup 2024 and 2026 and the Fifa Confederations Cup 2025.