- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Fifa extends deal with Telemundo in the US till 2026 WC
MUMBAI: Soccer’s governing body Fifa has extended its deal with Telemundo and NBC Universo, making them the exclusive US Spanish-language broadcasters of Fifa World Cup tournaments through 2026.
Fifa bypassed the bidding process surprising other broadcasters like ESPN.
NBCUniversal chairman of Hispanic Enterprises and content Joe Uva said, “We’re very pleased that Fifa allowed us to extend our deal as the exclusive U.S. Spanish-language broadcaster of Fifa World Cup tournaments through 2026. This unprecedented agreement gives our Telemundo and NBC Universo viewers and digital consumers more of the world’s best soccer for the next twelve years.”
In addition to the 2026 Fifa World Cup, the extended agreements cover the following tournaments: Fifa Women’s World Cup 2023, Fifa U-20 World Cup 2023 and 2025, Fifa U-17 World Cup 2023 and 2025, Fifa Beach Soccer World Cup 2023 and 2025, Fifa Futsal World Cup 2024, Fifa U-20 Women’s World Cup 2024 and 2026, Fifa U-17 Women’s World Cup 2024 and 2026 and the Fifa Confederations Cup 2025.