- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Ferzad Palia gets additional responsibility of MTV & Pepsi MTV Indies
MUMBAI: Viacom18 has named Ferzad Palia as head of Youth Entertainment with immediate effect.
In his new role, Palia will be heading youth brand MTV and indie platform Pepsi MTV Indies. He will be taking on this new role in addition to his existing duties as the head of English Entertainment at Viacom18, which includes brands such as Vh1, Comedy Central and the recently launched Colors Infinity.
Palia will take over from Aditya Swamy, who recently put in his papers at Viacom18 to join e-commerce giant Flipkart.
Viacom18 Group CEO Sudhanshu Vats said, “Appointing Ferzad as the head of Youth Entertainment, along with being a logical move for us – considering his extensive experience in broadcast, is also a strategic one as we drive further synergies between Youth Entertainment and English Entertainment.”
“Ferzad has been instrumental in transforming the English Entertainment landscape in India with Vh1, Comedy Central and Colors Infinity and I’m sure he will take both MTV and Pepsi MTV Indies to new heights of success,” Vats added.
On his new role Palia added, “MTV is an iconic brand and it’s my pleasure to have been appointed to take it further on its journey to success. Pepsi MTV Indies with its pulse on the indie subculture in India has been a key driver of change and I’m really looking forward to working closely with the team on it. It’s a new and exciting role for me and I’m really looking forward to creating interesting brand customizations for the youth demographic while driving growth for both, Youth and English entertainment brands at Viacom18.”