- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
ETV News Network appoints Rajiv Mishra as group business head
MUMBAI: TV18-owned ETV News Network has appointed former Samsung Electronics India executive Rajiv Mishra as the group business head.
Mishra will take up his new role from 1 July.
In his earlier role, Mishra was the vice president of media and corporate social responsibility (CSR) division at Samsung Electronics.
“With Mishra’s over 22-year expertise, ETV and TV18 News group will improve its position in the Indian media landscape,” said ETV News Network CEO Jagdish Chandra.
Mishra has worked for various media organisations like Hindustan Times Group, Star TV, Zee TV, Reliance Infocomm Limited, News 24 (BAG Films and Media) and India News, among others.
He also worked with Lok Sabha TV as CEO and has been a nominated member of various media advisory bodies in various ministries.
ETV News Network owns and operates 13 channels, namely ETV Uttar Pradesh/Uttarakhand, ETV Madhya Pradesh/Chhattisgarh, ETV Bihar/Jharkhand, ETV Rajasthan, ETV News Bangla, ETV News Kannada, ETV News Gujarati, ETV News Odia, ETV News Haryana/Himachal and ETV News Urdu besides three newly launched channels under News18 brand namely News18 Tamil Nadu, News18 Kerala, and News18 Assam/North East.