- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
ETV News Network appoints Rajiv Mishra as group business head
MUMBAI: TV18-owned ETV News Network has appointed former Samsung Electronics India executive Rajiv Mishra as the group business head.
Mishra will take up his new role from 1 July.
In his earlier role, Mishra was the vice president of media and corporate social responsibility (CSR) division at Samsung Electronics.
“With Mishra’s over 22-year expertise, ETV and TV18 News group will improve its position in the Indian media landscape,” said ETV News Network CEO Jagdish Chandra.
Mishra has worked for various media organisations like Hindustan Times Group, Star TV, Zee TV, Reliance Infocomm Limited, News 24 (BAG Films and Media) and India News, among others.
He also worked with Lok Sabha TV as CEO and has been a nominated member of various media advisory bodies in various ministries.
ETV News Network owns and operates 13 channels, namely ETV Uttar Pradesh/Uttarakhand, ETV Madhya Pradesh/Chhattisgarh, ETV Bihar/Jharkhand, ETV Rajasthan, ETV News Bangla, ETV News Kannada, ETV News Gujarati, ETV News Odia, ETV News Haryana/Himachal and ETV News Urdu besides three newly launched channels under News18 brand namely News18 Tamil Nadu, News18 Kerala, and News18 Assam/North East.