- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
ETV Kannada claims weekend primetime lead with ‘Dancing Star 2’ and ‘Majaa Talkies’
MUMBAI: ETV Kannada claims to be leading the primetime slot from 8 to 10:30 pm on weekends with the launch of its two new shows ‘Dancing Star 2’ and ‘Majaa Talkies’.
The channel states that ‘Dancing Star 2’ is the No. 1 show in Karnataka, opening with 1.1 million TVT (television viewership in thousands). The show airs from 9 pm to 10:30 pm, every Saturday and Sunday.
ETV Kannada states that ‘Dancing Star 2’ is the first show this year in Kannada mass entertainment that has garnered peak ratings in its very first week.
Viacom18 EVP and project head regional channels – ETV Kannada, Bangla and Odiya Ravish Kumar said, “After the success of the first season of ‘Dancing Star’, we are overjoyed and humbled by the response that the show has received for its second edition.”
The show features 12 celebrity contestants in the battle for survival as the last couple on the dance floor. Judging the celebrity dance contest are Kanasugara Ravichandran, Priyamani and choreographer Mayuri Upadhyaya. Taking forward the legacy from Season 1, Akul Balaji hosts this edition of the show as well.
The channel’s another newly launched show, ‘Majaa Talkies’, headlined by veteran anchor and comedian Srujan Lokesh, emerged as the slot leader in the 8–9 pm slot with an opening of 0.8 million TVTs, states the channel.
ETV Kannada business head Parameshwar Gundkal said, “For the first time ever in this market, two high impact non-fiction properties have been launched in back-to-back time slots with the vision of creating high octane entertainment that will cater to people of varied viewing tastes. From the best talent on-board, to some of the best production houses for both seasons, we are glad that our efforts have yielded the appreciation showered upon us by the viewers.”
The show is an adaptation of the popular Hindi comedy show ‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’, tailored to suit the viewing preferences of the Kannadiga.
Kumar added, “Majaa Talkies has performed superlatively as well and we hope to keep raising the bar of Kannada entertainment in future.”