- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
ET Now races ahead of CNBC TV18 in Wk 37; Aaj Tak reclaims No 1 spot
MUMBAI: After being neck and neck with its competitor CNBC TV18, Times Network’s ET Now has upstaged its rival to claim the No. 1 spot in the week ended 18 September.
Interestingly, while ET Now registered a small gain in viewership, CNBC TV18 declined almost 100 ratings in thousands as per BARC data.
Among the Hindi news channels, TV Today Network’s Hindi news channel Aaj Tak climbed back to the top position in Week 37 of BARC ratings.
Zee News, which had dislodged Aaj Tak in the previous week, was relegated to the second spot.
The top two channels of the English news genre remained unchanged, with Times Now leading the charts, followed by NDTV 24X7.
Hindi business news remained comparatively less volatile, with CNBC Awaaz maintaining its lead over the only other channel in the genre, Zee Business. Both channels lost viewership during the week under review.