- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
ET Now races ahead of CNBC TV18 in Wk 37; Aaj Tak reclaims No 1 spot
MUMBAI: After being neck and neck with its competitor CNBC TV18, Times Network’s ET Now has upstaged its rival to claim the No. 1 spot in the week ended 18 September.
Interestingly, while ET Now registered a small gain in viewership, CNBC TV18 declined almost 100 ratings in thousands as per BARC data.
Among the Hindi news channels, TV Today Network’s Hindi news channel Aaj Tak climbed back to the top position in Week 37 of BARC ratings.
Zee News, which had dislodged Aaj Tak in the previous week, was relegated to the second spot.
The top two channels of the English news genre remained unchanged, with Times Now leading the charts, followed by NDTV 24X7.
Hindi business news remained comparatively less volatile, with CNBC Awaaz maintaining its lead over the only other channel in the genre, Zee Business. Both channels lost viewership during the week under review.