- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
Essel Vision ropes in Partha Thakur as non-fiction head
MUMBAI: With a view to strengthening its core team, Essel Vision Productions Ltd has appointed Partha Thakur as its non-fiction programming head.
The non-fiction content vertical has been providing content consistently for Zee. Thakur will report to EVPL business head Akash Chawla.
With over 15 years of experience in the media and entertainment business, Thakur has led television content teams for multiple broadcasters in India. He has also executed a number of TV shows and events in different capacities.
Prior to this role, Thakur was the non-fiction head and creative director at Sol Productions.
Apart from directing and being a creative head of several programmes, he has been responsible for production and operations, budgeting and planning strategies. He has produced shows for various broadcasters like Zee TV, Star Plus, Star World, Sony Entertainment Television, Colors, MTV, Sun TV, Vijay TV, NDTV, Pogo, Disney Network, UTV and Fox Traveller, to name only a few.
He has also worked with Wizcraft Television, Miditech Productions, Optimystix Entertainment, Searchlight Productions and MTV India on multiple seasons of shows like ‘Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega’, ‘Indian Idol’, ‘Fame Gurukul’, ‘IIFA Awards’, ‘GIMA Awards’, ‘Apsara Awards’, ‘Zee Rishtey Awards’, ‘Dare to Dance’, etc.