- Jallikattu stir turns violent; over 90 cops injured, 40 held
- Karnataka CM Siddarmaiah bats for revocation of ban on Kambala, mulls ordinance
- 162 Crores Of Unexplained Assets For Congress Leaders, One Is A Minister
- Arvind Kejriwal accuses the Election Commission of promoting bribery
- As Priyanka Gandhi is hailed for alliance with SP, husband Robert Vadra calls Rahul Gandhi 'youth icon'
- Don't announce any scheme for poll-bound states in Union Budget, EC tells government
- Jallikattu: Chennai cops 'vandalise' property, caught on tape
- Ola appoints Vishal Kaul as Chief Operating Officer
- Sweden: Gang rape streamed live on Facebook, three suspects arrested
- Triple Talaq: Law panel studies practices of Muslim nations
Essel Group’s Living Entertainment receives 4 licences for infotainment channels
MUMBAI: The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) has awarded four non-news licences to Essel Group-owned Living Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (LEEL) under the names Living Flavourz, Living Travelz, Living Rootz and Z Living.
LEEL was incorporated on 26 February 2014 with a paid-up capital of Rs 110 crore (Rs 1.10 billion). The two directors on the company’s board are Hitesh Vakil and Himanshu Mody.
It is pertinent to note that Essel Group had revealed plans in 2015 to launch infotainment channels under the ‘Living’ brand.
The first channel to launch under the ‘Living’ brand was food and lifestyle channel Living Foodz, which replaced the erstwhile Zee Khana Khazana channel. The second channel was health and wellness channel Living Zen.
The licences of the two channels are held under Essel’s TV entertainment network Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (ZEEL). Essel’s subsidiary, Living Entertainment, houses the channels. While the ad sales and distribution of Living Foodz and Living Zen are being handled by ZEEL, the content and marketing aspect is being managed independently by Living Entertainment.
At the time of launch of Living Foodz, Essel Group chairman Subhash Chandra had revealed plans to launch three more channels under the ‘Living’ brand in the next 18 months. These included Living Rootz, Living Travelz and Living Homez.
As reported earlier by TelevisionPost.com, Living Travelz is planned for launch early this year. Living Rootz will provide an alternate view of Indian history.
Chandra had also stated that Zee Living, a wellness and lifestyle channel which is already available in many countries including the US, will also be launched in India.
Chandra, who is passionate about showcasing Indian history and culture to the world through an Indian lens, had said that the TV infotainment business would rake in revenues of Rs 1,000 crore (Rs 10 billion) annually in the coming four to five years.
“The company (Living Network) that owns this (Living Foodz) will have roughly about Rs 80 crore (Rs 800 million) of revenue from international markets and in next 6–8 months Rs 50 crore (Rs 500 million) from India, so it will cross Rs 100 crore revenue in next 12 months. I would think that this business would be Rs 1,000 crore in the next 4–5 years annually,” he had stated.
Essel Group runs broadcast entertainment business under ZEEL and news broadcast business under Zee Media Corporation. ZEEL owns and operates a bouquet of 39 English, Hindi and regional TV channels while Zee Media has 11 national and regional channels.