- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
English entertainment, kids and infotainment see change in No. 3 position
MUMBAI: Each of the four genres, namely English movies, English entertainment, infotainment and kids, saw a new entrant at No. 3 in Week 37 even as the top two players in the genres remained unchanged.
As per BARC data for the week ended 18 September, Zee Studio became the third most-watched channel among the English movie channels, while Colors Infinity was once again No. 3 in the English entertainment genre. Hungama and History TV18 made similar entries in the kids and infotainment genres respectively.
Movies Now continued to lead the genre, despite a drop in the viewership, while Star Movies held on to the second spot.
PIX, which was No. 3 last week, dropped below Zee Studio to lose its position during the week.
Four out of the top five titles were from Movies Now, while Star Movies had one movie in the list.
Despite a drop in their respective viewership, both Zee Café and Comedy Central managed to retain their first and second positions during the week.
However, AXN could not continue to hold on to the third spot as its viewership dropped below the newbie Colors Infinity.
Nick and Pogo continued to remain the top two players in the kids genre, and both the channels witnessed viewership gain during the week.
However, Cartoon Network conceded the third spot to Disney India’s Hungama.
In the infotainment genre, Discovery Channel and National Geographic continued to be at the first and second positions respectively. Both the channels witnessed drop in their viewership in the week.
Animal Planet, meanwhile, was out of the top three this week as it dropped below History TV18.