- Delhi govt to launch campaign to control rising number of cases of dengue, malaria
- Jio woes: Airtel Q1 net profit tanks 75% to Rs 367 cr
- Sahara case: Supreme Court asks Subrata Roy to deposit Rs 1500 crore by September 7
- RBI stops printing Rs 2000 notes; Rs 200 note may hit market next month
- Jethmalani quits as Kejriwal's counsel, seeks Rs 2 crore fee
- Crackdown On Kashmiri Separatist Widens, Shabir Shah Also Arrested
- Mumbai building collapse: 17 killed; Shiv Sena leader, who wanted to make hotel on ground floor, arrested
- Floods wreak havoc in Gujarat, Rajasthan; Narendra Modi inspects home state as Assam recovers
Endemol Shine India elevates Abhishek Rege to COO for TV & Films
MUMBAI: Endemol Shine India has elevated Abhishek Rege to chief operating officer (COO) for Television and Films.
In his new role, Abhishek will also lead the mandate for Endemol’s film division. He was earlier leads the television business of the company as COO for Television.
Abhishek will be responsible to nurture and further grow the company’s film business in India. He will continue to report to Endemol Shine India MD and CEO Deepak Dhar.
Endemol Shine India is currently the premier content provider in the subcontinent, producing over 800 hours of programming annually for the biggest broadcasters across mainstream and regional. The company has also recently forayed into the movie making business and has co-produced films like ‘Brothers’, ‘Traffic’ and ‘Te3n’.
Abhishek has been pivotal in driving growth for the television business at Endemol Shine India by developing franchises of high performing contents/shows, implementing regional diversification and ensuring strategic presence in production across most of the key markets in India.
“Having worked with Abhishek closely for many years, I have great confidence in his understanding and capabilities of the business. Leading such a diverse portfolio in today’s dynamic environment is a mammoth task. Under Abhishek’s able leadership our television business continues to grow and I am confident that he will also evolve our burgeoning film business”, said Dhar.
“I am delighted to have the opportunity to spearhead the film business for Endemol Shine India. By venturing into films, we have embarked on an ambitious growth path, not just from a business perspective, but also as creative professionals. I look forward to working closely with Deepak to grow the business further,” said Rege.
Prior to Endemol Shine, Abhishek was director of business operations for Viacom 18 Media, New Jersey, USA and was responsible for its revenues and subscriptions by spearheading strategic, multilingual and local marketing campaigns.
Abhishek started his career at Star India where he played a key role in scheduling and acquisition of content for the international beams and for the premium channels for the Tata Sky DTH service in addition to handling key commercial and compliance roles for the Star channels.