- OnePlus 5 to come with Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, first smartphone in India
- Apple TV updates Twitter with live 360 degree videos feature
- Infosys Ltd announces its new strategy to hire and train 10,000 American workers over the next two years.
- Uber will roll-out new feature in India, enabling users to unlock custom Snapchat filters
- Hollywood star Brad Pitt visits India to promote his Netflix release 'War Machine’
- Wolrd Organisation UN denies Pakistan’s claim that Indian troops targeted UN vehicle near LoCs
- Special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court grants bail to five accused in coal case against Naveen Jindal
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi stresses on reducing dependence on other countries for getting medical equipment, to make treatment affordable for people
- Devendra Fadnavis chopper crash lands in Latur, Maharashtra CM and team escapes unhurt
Endemol Shine India elevates Abhishek Rege to COO for TV & Films
MUMBAI: Endemol Shine India has elevated Abhishek Rege to chief operating officer (COO) for Television and Films.
In his new role, Abhishek will also lead the mandate for Endemol’s film division. He was earlier leads the television business of the company as COO for Television.
Abhishek will be responsible to nurture and further grow the company’s film business in India. He will continue to report to Endemol Shine India MD and CEO Deepak Dhar.
Endemol Shine India is currently the premier content provider in the subcontinent, producing over 800 hours of programming annually for the biggest broadcasters across mainstream and regional. The company has also recently forayed into the movie making business and has co-produced films like ‘Brothers’, ‘Traffic’ and ‘Te3n’.
Abhishek has been pivotal in driving growth for the television business at Endemol Shine India by developing franchises of high performing contents/shows, implementing regional diversification and ensuring strategic presence in production across most of the key markets in India.
“Having worked with Abhishek closely for many years, I have great confidence in his understanding and capabilities of the business. Leading such a diverse portfolio in today’s dynamic environment is a mammoth task. Under Abhishek’s able leadership our television business continues to grow and I am confident that he will also evolve our burgeoning film business”, said Dhar.
“I am delighted to have the opportunity to spearhead the film business for Endemol Shine India. By venturing into films, we have embarked on an ambitious growth path, not just from a business perspective, but also as creative professionals. I look forward to working closely with Deepak to grow the business further,” said Rege.
Prior to Endemol Shine, Abhishek was director of business operations for Viacom 18 Media, New Jersey, USA and was responsible for its revenues and subscriptions by spearheading strategic, multilingual and local marketing campaigns.
Abhishek started his career at Star India where he played a key role in scheduling and acquisition of content for the international beams and for the premium channels for the Tata Sky DTH service in addition to handling key commercial and compliance roles for the Star channels.