- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Elevations at Star: Chopra is head of revenue, Kutty to head distribution
MUMBAI: Star India has rejigged its senior management with a slew of promotions.
Amit Chopra, who was heading the ad sales division at the company, has been made head of revenue for the whole network. He will now oversee revenue for both ad sales and distribution for the entire network, including entertainment and sports business.
Rajeev Beotra, who was head of sales for sports business, has been elevated to Chopra’s role, where he will oversee the ad sales for the whole network.
Meanwhile, EVP distribution Krishnan Kutty, who was earlier reporting to Star India chief financial officer (CFO) and distribution head Sanjay Jain, has been made head of distribution.
In his new capacity, Kutty will report to Chopra. Jain will continue to be the CFO of the company. Chopra will, in turn, report to Star India chief operating officer Sanjay Gupta.
Additionally, the company has appointed Anil Jayaraj as ad sales head – sports.
TelevisionPost.com learns that the announcements were made by Star India CEO Uday Shankar in an internal communication to all the employees.