- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Elevations at Star: Chopra is head of revenue, Kutty to head distribution
MUMBAI: Star India has rejigged its senior management with a slew of promotions.
Amit Chopra, who was heading the ad sales division at the company, has been made head of revenue for the whole network. He will now oversee revenue for both ad sales and distribution for the entire network, including entertainment and sports business.
Rajeev Beotra, who was head of sales for sports business, has been elevated to Chopra’s role, where he will oversee the ad sales for the whole network.
Meanwhile, EVP distribution Krishnan Kutty, who was earlier reporting to Star India chief financial officer (CFO) and distribution head Sanjay Jain, has been made head of distribution.
In his new capacity, Kutty will report to Chopra. Jain will continue to be the CFO of the company. Chopra will, in turn, report to Star India chief operating officer Sanjay Gupta.
Additionally, the company has appointed Anil Jayaraj as ad sales head – sports.
TelevisionPost.com learns that the announcements were made by Star India CEO Uday Shankar in an internal communication to all the employees.