- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
E-commerce top ad category during first 14 matches of IPL 8
MUMBAI: The online business-to-customer (B2C) service and e-commerce category has emerged as the top advertising category on the Indian Premier League (IPL) telecast with a combined share of 29 per cent.
According to TAM Media Research, Amazon and Paytm were among the top 10 advertising brands from the category garnering 8 and 5 per cent share respectively. Vodafone emerged as the top brand with 8 per cent share.
The data is for the first 14 matches on Sony Max, Sony Six, Sony Aath and Sony Kix. It includes only live matches. A total of 57 brands from 28 categories have advertised during commercial breaks during the ongoing IPL season so far.
The report is based on pure advertising duration and excludes programme promotion ads, franchisee ads, BCCI and official broadcaster (Sony) ads.