- Strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake hits Tibet near India-China border
- Navy Says Genitalia Air Display 'Absolutely Unacceptable'
- Moody's Withdraws RCom's Corporate Family Rating On 'Default'
- Sushil Kumar strolls to national gold with three walkovers
- Madras High Court confirms two-year jail term of Natarajan in 1994 car import case
DSport bags broadcast rights of Mexican pro-wrestling series ‘Lucha Underground’
MUMBAI: DSport, the sports TV channel from Discovery, has acquired exclusive broadcast rights of famous Mexican pro-wrestling series ‘Lucha Undergorund’.
DSport will broadcast all the three seasons of ‘Lucha’ underground, 98 episodes across 3 seasons,every Friday at 8 pm, starting 1 September.
Discovery India senior VP, GM Karan Bajaj said, “We are working towards creating a bouquet of wrestling properties on DSPORT. ‘Lucha Underground’ is a significant addition to ‘Ring of Honour’ and helps us offer a wholesome experience to the wrestling fans in India. We are also targeting to develop a specific timeslot on DSport for the wrestling fans.”
‘Lucha Underground’ is based on the lucha libre style of wrestling popular in Mexico. Each week, a new episode contains multiple acrobatic fights with many famous luchadors whose “mythic” beginnings are told in cinematic vignettes throughout. ‘Lucha Underground’ is popular for its action and the fashion quotient which the storyline and format brings to young audiences worldwide.
The show is affiliated to Mexico’s Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide and features Lucha fighters from around the world like Luchadores Fenix, Sexy Star, Pentagon Jr., Drago and the legendary Blue Demon Jr.