- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
DSPORT acquires exclusive India TV rights to DOTA 2 International 2017 grand finale
MUMBAI: Discovery Communications India’s sports channel DSPORT has partnered Indian e-sports company NODWIN Gaming to bring to Indian e-sports audiences the first ever exclusive broadcast of the DOTA 2 International Grand Finale 2017. The grand finale will be aired exclusively on DSPORT on 13 August from 11 am onwards.
The DOTA 2 International is the biggest and most competitive e-sports tournament in the world. In fact, the 2017 edition of the DOTA 2 International boasts a $24-million (Rs 153 crore) prize pool.
This year, 18 teams will endure the competition process and make a bid at clinching the coveted Aegis of Champions at the KeyArena, Seattle, USA.
Six of the 18 teams have been directly invited, while the remaining 12 have earned their spots through the regional qualifiers. Eighteen teams in all will battle in two Round Robin groups, from which the bottom team of each group will be eliminated.
The remaining 16 teams will move on to the Double Elimination Main Event leading up to the grand finale, where the ultimate winner will take home over Rs 65 crore in cash prizes.