- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Doordarshan’s Vijayawada Kendra to be inaugurated by month-end, says Javadekar
MUMBAI: Doordarshan’s regional Kendra at Vijayawada, the designated capital of Andhra Pradesh, will be ready for inauguration by month-end, Information and Broadcasting (I&B) minister Prakash Javadekar has said.
“Reviewed preparations of #DD – Vijayawada. It will be ready for inauguration by month-end,” Javadekar said in a post on Twitter.
Public Broadcaster Prasar Bharati had received a proposal from Doordarshan Kendra, Hyderabad to create an interim set up of a new regional centre at Vijayawada to maintain the cultural and economic identity of Andhra Pradesh following the bifurcation of the state.
Currently, Doordarshan Vijayawada is a programme generating facility and there is a proposal to start 2-hours terrestrial transmission from 5 PM to 7 pm, including a 15-minute Telugu news bulletin as an interim arrangement. The rest of 22 hours of transmission will be relayed from Doordarshan Kendra, Hyderabad.