- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Doordarshan’s Vijayawada Kendra to be inaugurated by month-end, says Javadekar
MUMBAI: Doordarshan’s regional Kendra at Vijayawada, the designated capital of Andhra Pradesh, will be ready for inauguration by month-end, Information and Broadcasting (I&B) minister Prakash Javadekar has said.
“Reviewed preparations of #DD – Vijayawada. It will be ready for inauguration by month-end,” Javadekar said in a post on Twitter.
Public Broadcaster Prasar Bharati had received a proposal from Doordarshan Kendra, Hyderabad to create an interim set up of a new regional centre at Vijayawada to maintain the cultural and economic identity of Andhra Pradesh following the bifurcation of the state.
Currently, Doordarshan Vijayawada is a programme generating facility and there is a proposal to start 2-hours terrestrial transmission from 5 PM to 7 pm, including a 15-minute Telugu news bulletin as an interim arrangement. The rest of 22 hours of transmission will be relayed from Doordarshan Kendra, Hyderabad.