- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Doordarshan’s Vijayawada Kendra to be inaugurated by month-end, says Javadekar
MUMBAI: Doordarshan’s regional Kendra at Vijayawada, the designated capital of Andhra Pradesh, will be ready for inauguration by month-end, Information and Broadcasting (I&B) minister Prakash Javadekar has said.
“Reviewed preparations of #DD – Vijayawada. It will be ready for inauguration by month-end,” Javadekar said in a post on Twitter.
Public Broadcaster Prasar Bharati had received a proposal from Doordarshan Kendra, Hyderabad to create an interim set up of a new regional centre at Vijayawada to maintain the cultural and economic identity of Andhra Pradesh following the bifurcation of the state.
Currently, Doordarshan Vijayawada is a programme generating facility and there is a proposal to start 2-hours terrestrial transmission from 5 PM to 7 pm, including a 15-minute Telugu news bulletin as an interim arrangement. The rest of 22 hours of transmission will be relayed from Doordarshan Kendra, Hyderabad.