- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Doordarshan to air new season of ‘Galli Galli Sim Sim’
MUMBAI: A new season of ‘Galli Galli Sim Sim’, the Indian adaptation of internationally acclaimed TV series Sesame Street, will air on Doodarshan every Saturday at 10.30 am.
Speaking about the show’s new season, Sesame Workshop India managing director Sashwati Banerjee said, “Through positive role-modelling by our well-researched characters, we are able to bring about a positive change in little kids who start believing and trusting their beloved muppets. Hence, when Chamki talks to her friend Googly about saving water, our little viewers take it seriously and start acting towards water conservation”.
Hisham Mundol, executive director at Children’s Investment Fund Foundation which funds ‘Galli Galli Sim Sim’, said, “Our partnership with Sesame Workshop has brought interesting synergies to the table and has given us new insights into how content for kids can be approached and adapted in countries like India.”
“Through the power of muppets and media, ‘Galli Galli Sim Sim’ in its own unique way is impacting young Indian learners, helping them become informed decision makers of tomorrow. It has been our constant endeavour to engage with like-minded partners like Sesame who showcase their passion towards providing access to high-quality early childhood content,” Mundol added.
Over the last decade, the reach of ‘Galli Galli Sim Sim’ has increased steadily across the country. With season 7 being watched extensively by eight million kids, the show has witnessed tremendous success in reaching its mission of helping kids grow smarter, stronger and kinder.
The show will be broadcast in Marathi on DD Sahyadri and in Gujarati on DD Girnar as well later this year.