- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Doordarshan to air new season of ‘Galli Galli Sim Sim’
MUMBAI: A new season of ‘Galli Galli Sim Sim’, the Indian adaptation of internationally acclaimed TV series Sesame Street, will air on Doodarshan every Saturday at 10.30 am.
Speaking about the show’s new season, Sesame Workshop India managing director Sashwati Banerjee said, “Through positive role-modelling by our well-researched characters, we are able to bring about a positive change in little kids who start believing and trusting their beloved muppets. Hence, when Chamki talks to her friend Googly about saving water, our little viewers take it seriously and start acting towards water conservation”.
Hisham Mundol, executive director at Children’s Investment Fund Foundation which funds ‘Galli Galli Sim Sim’, said, “Our partnership with Sesame Workshop has brought interesting synergies to the table and has given us new insights into how content for kids can be approached and adapted in countries like India.”
“Through the power of muppets and media, ‘Galli Galli Sim Sim’ in its own unique way is impacting young Indian learners, helping them become informed decision makers of tomorrow. It has been our constant endeavour to engage with like-minded partners like Sesame who showcase their passion towards providing access to high-quality early childhood content,” Mundol added.
Over the last decade, the reach of ‘Galli Galli Sim Sim’ has increased steadily across the country. With season 7 being watched extensively by eight million kids, the show has witnessed tremendous success in reaching its mission of helping kids grow smarter, stronger and kinder.
The show will be broadcast in Marathi on DD Sahyadri and in Gujarati on DD Girnar as well later this year.