- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Doordarshan telecasts 148 news bulletins in 23 languages
NEW DELHI: Public broadcaster Doordarshan telecasts 148 news bulletins in 23 languages daily from its 30 regional news units (RNUs).
All India Radio (AIR) puts out 52 news bulletins in 14 Indian languages from its headquarters and 194 news bulletins in 77 languages and dialects from its 46 RNUs. Bulletins in Hindi and English are also broadcast from various stations.
Prasar Bharati said that Doordarshan and AIR give due importance to comprehensive news coverage of high quality regional bulletins keeping in view the preferences of people to receive news in their own languages and to keep track of events happening in their states and regions.
Improvement in quality of news bulletins in all languages broadcast by AIR and Doordarshan is an ongoing process, Prasar Bharati said.