- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Doordarshan telecasts 148 news bulletins in 23 languages
NEW DELHI: Public broadcaster Doordarshan telecasts 148 news bulletins in 23 languages daily from its 30 regional news units (RNUs).
All India Radio (AIR) puts out 52 news bulletins in 14 Indian languages from its headquarters and 194 news bulletins in 77 languages and dialects from its 46 RNUs. Bulletins in Hindi and English are also broadcast from various stations.
Prasar Bharati said that Doordarshan and AIR give due importance to comprehensive news coverage of high quality regional bulletins keeping in view the preferences of people to receive news in their own languages and to keep track of events happening in their states and regions.
Improvement in quality of news bulletins in all languages broadcast by AIR and Doordarshan is an ongoing process, Prasar Bharati said.