- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Doordarshan set to launch ‘Arun Prabha’ channel by August
MUMBAI: Prasar Bharati will launch Arun Prabha, a satellite television channel for the Northeast, by August.
The channel will be headquartered in Itanagar in Arunachal Pradesh and it will showcase the rich culture of the Northeast.
Arun Prabha will be launched by August from Arunachal Pradesh to seamlessly integrate the Northeast, Information and Broadcasting Minister Venkaiah Naidu said. The focus of the channel will be on the youth with contemporary entertainment and informative shows.
Arun Prabha will be Doordarshan’s second channel for the region.
Naidu also said that the proposed Film and Television Institute of India in Arunachal Pradesh would stimulate promotion of talent in different aspects of film making in the northeast.
The Centre will also set up a permanent campus of the Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC) at Aizawl in Mizoram, Naidu said.
An investment of Rs 200 crore is proposed to be made in this institute to benefit the students and youths in the northeast region, he added.