- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
dittoTV gears up for ‘Sairat’ premiere on Zee Marathi on 2 Oct
MUMBAI: Zee Marathi is all set to premiere ‘Sairat’, the highest-grossing Marathi film to date, on 2 October, at 7 pm.
dittoTV subscribers will also be able to watch the romantic drama live on the platform.
The OTT platform’s subscribers can tune into Zee Marathi at 7 pm to catch the television premiere of ‘Sairat’. The platform is available on Android and iOS platforms.
‘Sairat’ is directed by Nagraj Manjule and stars Rinku Rajguru and Akash Thosar. It takes a critical look at Indian society in the 21st century.
‘Sairat’ was the first Marathi film to fetch more than Rs 50 crore (Rs 500 million) in revenue. It was selected for the 66th Berlin International Film Festival, and Rinku Rajguru was awarded the Special Jury Award at the 63rd National Film Awards in 2015 for her performance in the film.
dittoTV business head Archana Anand said, “’Sairat’ beautifully portrays the story of a young couple who is targeted and oppressed because they belong to different castes. It’s a must-watch. And with dittoTV, now viewers not just in Maharashtra but across India can enjoy this widely acclaimed film live, wherever they are. This is a boon for viewers who may be travelling over the weekend, or do not have access to a television set and would otherwise miss out on the film. We are very excited to bring this film to viewers on our platform.”
DittoTV’s subscription charges for one month, three months, six months and one year are Rs 20, Rs 50, Rs 90 and Rs 170 respectively.