- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
dittoTV gears up for ‘Sairat’ premiere on Zee Marathi on 2 Oct
MUMBAI: Zee Marathi is all set to premiere ‘Sairat’, the highest-grossing Marathi film to date, on 2 October, at 7 pm.
dittoTV subscribers will also be able to watch the romantic drama live on the platform.
The OTT platform’s subscribers can tune into Zee Marathi at 7 pm to catch the television premiere of ‘Sairat’. The platform is available on Android and iOS platforms.
‘Sairat’ is directed by Nagraj Manjule and stars Rinku Rajguru and Akash Thosar. It takes a critical look at Indian society in the 21st century.
‘Sairat’ was the first Marathi film to fetch more than Rs 50 crore (Rs 500 million) in revenue. It was selected for the 66th Berlin International Film Festival, and Rinku Rajguru was awarded the Special Jury Award at the 63rd National Film Awards in 2015 for her performance in the film.
dittoTV business head Archana Anand said, “’Sairat’ beautifully portrays the story of a young couple who is targeted and oppressed because they belong to different castes. It’s a must-watch. And with dittoTV, now viewers not just in Maharashtra but across India can enjoy this widely acclaimed film live, wherever they are. This is a boon for viewers who may be travelling over the weekend, or do not have access to a television set and would otherwise miss out on the film. We are very excited to bring this film to viewers on our platform.”
DittoTV’s subscription charges for one month, three months, six months and one year are Rs 20, Rs 50, Rs 90 and Rs 170 respectively.