- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Disney India appoints Abhishek Maheshwari as VP and head, consumer products
MUMBAI: The Walt Disney Company in India has appointed Abhishek Maheshwari as the vice president and head of Disney consumer products.
Maheshwari will take up his new role from 10 July. He will replace Roshini Bakshi, who recently put in her papers to pursue other interests.
In addition to focusing his energies on leading Disney’s consumer products business, Maheshwari will continue to oversee corporate strategy and business development for the company in India.
The Walt Disney Company India managing director Siddharth Roy Kapur said, “Abhishek has been a key member of our management team since 2012. Over this time, he has worked closely on the integration of Disney and UTV, on identifying local growth initiatives for the company and on formulating our long-term strategy in India. He brings to this role a deep understanding of our businesses along with a diverse set of leadership skills, and he is well placed to help us continue to grow our consumer products business in India.”
He further stated, “For nine years Roshini demonstrated the highest levels of commitment and dedication and leaves the business in a solid position for future growth. We are extremely thankful for her contribution and wish her every success in the future.”
Maheshwari added, “Powered by the world’s biggest storytelling franchises, a rich slate of local content development and strong licensing partnerships, Disney has a wonderful opportunity to connect with audiences across the country in a deeper way than ever before. I am delighted to have this opportunity to help deliver Disney’s unique magic to Indian families.”
Prior to this role, Maheshwari has worked in various management roles for Kubera and earlier was associated with McKinsey & Company at their Mumbai and Stamford, Connecticut offices.