- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Disney Channel promotes fitness among school kids
MUMBAI: Kids channel Disney Channel’s school contact programme with its local animated character ‘Gaju Bhai’ has reached out to over half a million kids in 1,029 schools across UP, Maharashtra and Gujarat over a course of four months.
The programme, titled ‘Dum Lagake Naach’, targeted kids in the age groups 6–10 years from 1st to 5th standards. Through the programme, the channel is encouraging healthy living among kids. What is unique about this programme is that the exercise was in the form of dance.
As part of the initiative, the channel showcased a special 30–35-minute entertaining video where ‘Gaju Bhai’, along with a choreographer, taught kids specially choreographed steps encouraging them to follow the fun routine that will help them stay fit.
“The whole idea of ‘Dum Laga Ke Naach’ is to promote healthy living among kids. The school contact programme got kids to dance for 30 minutes through a guided tutorial. At the end, they all had to perform in a group and let their hair down. This way, we encouraged kids to exercise in a fun manner,” said Disney India VP of media networks Vijay Subramaniam.