- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
Disney CEO Iger’s ‘Star Wars’ plans
MUMBAI: The Walt Disney Company CEO Bob Iger revealed the company’s plans to make three ‘Star Wars’ spin offs. He said at least three spin offs are now in development to be released alongside the main sequel trilogy.
Earlier, Iger said there were Star Wars spin off movies tentatively planned for 2016 and 2018, to be released in between the instalments of the main sequel trilogy.
As per reports, the spin offs are being penned by Simon Kinberg and Lawrence Kasdan, and are rumoured to be about Han Solo and Boba Fett. With the number of movies now being stated as three, there might be someone working on at least one more character which may include Yoda.
Beginning with the release of ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’ on 18 December 2015, future ‘Star Wars’ movies will alternate annually between the ongoing sequence of ‘Episodes’ and a series of standalone movies.
Lucas Film had also recently announced that John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, while Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew and Kenny Baker will be in ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’.
It will be produced by Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams and Bryan Burk and John Williams will return as the composer.