- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
‘Dishoom’ premiere propels Star Gold to No. 2 in Week 39
MUMBAI: The world television premiere of ‘Dishoom’ on 25 September lifted Star Gold to the second position in Week 39 of BARC ratings for the period ended 30 September.
The film, starring Varun Dhawan, John Abraham and Jacqueline Fernandes, was the highest-rated movie during the week. It rated 9.54 million impressions in urban and rural Hindi-speaking market (HSM) combined.
The second-rated movie ‘Kanchana 2’ was way behind with a score of 4.55 million impressions.
It also ruled the charts separately in urban and rural HSM. In urban HSM, the movie rated 6.66 million impressions, and in rural HSM the viewership was 2.87 million.
For urban + rural HSM, Sony Max was the numero uno channel, followed by Star Gold. Zee Cinema was No. 3, followed by Sony Wah and Zee Anmol Cinema.
However, Sony Max and Sony Wah were the top Hindi movie channels in urban and rural HSM respectively.
This is the first time BARC has provided urban and rural data for Hindi movie channels separately.
Top Hindi movie channels in Urban HSM
In urban HSM, Sony Max, Star Gold, Zee Cinema, Movies OK and &Pictures were the top 5 channels.
Top Hindi movie channels in Rural HSM
In rural HSM, Sony Wah and Zee Anmol Cinema were top two channels, followed by Sony Max, Zee Cinema and Star Utsav Movies.