- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
‘Dishoom’ premiere propels Star Gold to No. 2 in Week 39
MUMBAI: The world television premiere of ‘Dishoom’ on 25 September lifted Star Gold to the second position in Week 39 of BARC ratings for the period ended 30 September.
The film, starring Varun Dhawan, John Abraham and Jacqueline Fernandes, was the highest-rated movie during the week. It rated 9.54 million impressions in urban and rural Hindi-speaking market (HSM) combined.
The second-rated movie ‘Kanchana 2’ was way behind with a score of 4.55 million impressions.
It also ruled the charts separately in urban and rural HSM. In urban HSM, the movie rated 6.66 million impressions, and in rural HSM the viewership was 2.87 million.
For urban + rural HSM, Sony Max was the numero uno channel, followed by Star Gold. Zee Cinema was No. 3, followed by Sony Wah and Zee Anmol Cinema.
However, Sony Max and Sony Wah were the top Hindi movie channels in urban and rural HSM respectively.
This is the first time BARC has provided urban and rural data for Hindi movie channels separately.
Top Hindi movie channels in Urban HSM
In urban HSM, Sony Max, Star Gold, Zee Cinema, Movies OK and &Pictures were the top 5 channels.
Top Hindi movie channels in Rural HSM
In rural HSM, Sony Wah and Zee Anmol Cinema were top two channels, followed by Sony Max, Zee Cinema and Star Utsav Movies.